I was just thinking that if we were all going to be around, it would be nice to DO something and get outta the house. Dave only has a few days off of work, but the kids and I can always drive up for the day- it's only 2 hours.
Some choices for us, so that we can plan and coordinate when to do what.
Wildlife World Zoo is on the west side of town, not to far away, but it's pricey! $28 adults, and $15 kids, but if we have more than 10 of us we save $2 per ticket. Maybe we could find other coupons for admission if we looked?? I'm not sure. They are open from 9am-6pm all through the holidays.
The Phoenix Childrens Museum is downtown but only cost $9 or $11 (their website list both prices in different places). They are open from 9am to 4 pm.
Encanto Park is in central Phoenix. It's an adventure park with rides and lots to look at. For those under 54" it's $14 for an all day pass, and for those over 54" it's $8.
We went to the Scottsdale Train Park last Christmas, and it was quite a drive, but the kids liked it. It's a wonderful park and you buy tickets to ride the train or carousel. Maybe $3 per ride.
These are just some options that I came up with. If you have other ideas, please add them. Of course the Temple would be nice, or we could see a movie, but I would like to plan activities to get us outdoors in the beautiful weather and keep the kids entertained.
Working together
10 years ago
2 comments:
Mark and I are both off on Friday the 24th and I would love to do something special with Rose! I am totally for the Zoo and the Museum! We can see what Jared and Janelle want to do and I think it will be tons of fun! - Larissa
For my kids I think the Zoo and the Train park would be our top choices. If the childrens museum is the same one you posted on your blog my kids would love that like to being able to do hands on things. I am up for anything to take the mundane of always being in the house and having kids for my kids to play with.
Thanks for taking the time to research these things.
Post a Comment